Being Marge: If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich & Happy

Monday, December 5, 2016

If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich & Happy




http://amzn.to/2g3rNf9

There is no fairer way to gauge something than by results, sometimes harsh but always fair.“ From If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich & Happy

Klemmer & Associates Leadership Training Experience

Brian Klemmer (1950 - 2011)
I had the honor of meeting Brian Klemmer during my months of experiential leadership training with Klemmer & Associates. I am so thankful that I had that opportunity to get to know Brian and his coaching because he left this earth way too soon. Fortunately for all of us, he left an amazing legacy with his books, his training company, and the thousands of leaders who completed his training and are now dedicated to making this world a better place with no one left behind.

As a Samurai, someone who has graduated from the top level of the Klemmer & Associates training and earned my “PhD” in Leadership Development, I can share that a decade after I graduated, the lessons I learned are still sinking into my subconscious and shaping my behavior. If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich & Happy gives the reader a good introduction to Brian Klemmer’s philosophy on what it takes to build the strength of a Samurai in order to create a life of significance and success.

Key Concepts



The premise of Brian’s book is right in the title – If How-To’s Were Enough. You might think that with a strong intention and the right mechanism, you’ll get the results you seek. Wrong! There are multiple mechanisms for obtaining the results you seek. You’d see this principle in action if you participated in the Klemmer & Associates Champions Workshop. Don’t get hung up on “how” you’re going to achieve your result; put your attention on your intention, i.e., make it stronger and stronger each day and the “how’s” will appear. Really!

Another key lesson in If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich & Happy is if you’re harboring any of the 3 R’s – resistance, revenge, or resentment you are throwing unnecessary obstacles in your own success path. Brian offers solid techniques to eliminate these obstacles.

In Chapter #7, The Power of Balance, Brian explains how to evaluate your life balance in four key areas – mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical. You can score yourself and then set goals to improve your scores where needed.

You can easily read If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich & Happy in a few hours. To get the most out of this book, however, follow Brian’s recommendation to tackle one chapter per week, absorb the concepts and then follow Brian’s suggested practices. Brian is a master at breaking down concepts with clear examples and stories to help you apply his coaching to your own life.


Significance



Do you want to live a life of significance? In all my years as a student of personal development, Brian Klemmer is the person who has most inspired me to live a life of significance. Granted, it has taken me many years to accept that responsibility and to get into action to shape that sort of life.

The direction I’ve taken since completing the Klemmer & Associates experiential leadership training just keeps feeling better and better. The more I understand his principle of “leaving no one behind”, the more responsible I feel to leave a legacy that will far outlive me. I am a Compassionate Samurai.

I regret that you will not be able to meet Brian Klemmer, but I can only hope that you gain inspiration for making your own life significant by absorbing yourself in this praise-worthy book, If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich & Happy.

 
Note: I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.